Changing an Entity Name
- Open the Entity. Navigate to the Entity Information section. In the Entity Name field, select the old name and type the Entity's new name.
☝️ TIp: To see the changes, hover over the "clock" icon directly to the right of the Entity Name label.
- Scroll down to the Constating Events, and click Add. The Add a constating event window opens.
- Complete the constating event dialogue box as follows:
- Type an Event Name in the field provided; e.g, Change of name from (old entity name)
- Click Date and choose the date the name changed from the calendar pop-up
- Type a Description in the field provided; e.g., Pursuant to Articles of Amendment
The name change event is recorded, as follows:
☝️ Note: Providing the following Business Name information allows you to search for your Entity by both the old and new name.
- Edit the Business Name to reflect the Entity Name change - scroll down to the Business Names section and click Add.
- In the Name field, type the old Entity name.
In the Type field, type a description; e.g., Former Name
In the Expiry field type the date the old name is no longer in use
Use End Date - to stop using the old name before the actual expiry date
☝️ Note: scroll up to the top of your Entity Information Summary - your name change is reflected there.
Searching for your Entity
In order to search for your entity by old or new name, perform the following steps
- Go to the Dashboard, click the Search field and type the old Entity name (or the first few characters of the old name). The entity will display.